Skip to main content

To Drown in the Stream of Consciousness

Oh, hi.  Remember me?

I'm not a patient person.

(I just got distracted.  Remember that song that starts out with the guy singing, "I'm not a perfect person... There's many things I wish I didn't do..."  How simpering does he sound?  He sounds so whiny and corny, right?  I love that song.  I actually do.  I wouldn't turn it off if it came on the radio because it's fun to sing, and it's all "AND THE REASON IS YOOOOU," and I believe in blaming or praising other people instead of taking credit or accountability, myself.)

I'm kidding.   And kind of not.

I'm a mess right now, because I'm sick and stressed out, and I've been trying this gluten-avoidance, low-sugar, low calorie, natural diet for almost three weeks now, and I've lost a grand total of four pounds, that's it.

FOUR pounds.

I'm swimming or working out every day, despite the fact that my feet hurt so bad some days I can barely walk.  (That's not an exaggeration.  My surgery in December helped a -little- but nowhere near what we had hoped.)  I had a major upset with my boyfriend, finding out some things back in April that were really difficult to deal with, and the timing on that was just stupendous since I had just moved to his parents' town. (Those of you who have known me for a long time know that this is like a delicious call-back to something horrifying that happened to me a decade ago.)  Money is tight, and I realize you could always say that, but this is a difficult time at work since summer is usually a slow period for my commission-only position.

Lots of people have it worse.  My point, however, is that I've been super stressed out and busy like a dog chasing its tail, but I've still basically actually been following my plans with regard to my diet.  I think I've eaten gluten willingly/knowingly only one time in the past three weeks, and that was when friends were here visiting from out of state.  I had some cake.  It was so very good.

Four pounds.

I should call it a win.  But it's hard, when you want to lose fifty.

For those wondering, I eat between 1300 and 1600 calories a day, very few carbs (most of my carbs are vegetable, occasionally potato, and I think once it was rice).  My Achilles heel is sugar.  I do still have at least one can of soda every other day.  That shouldn't be slowing me down this much, though.  My hope is that I'm just putting on heavier muscle than I realize.  I do gain and lose muscle really fast.

Okay, nobody wants to hear whining.

I'm not a perfect perrrrssssooonnnn... There's many things I wish I didn't eat...

but I figured it was time to update my blog... AND THE REASON IS YOOOOOU.  AND THE REASON ISSSS YYYOOOOOOOOUUUUUU.

bye.

Comments

  1. a) glad you're writing again b) good job sticking with it c) i just recently tried cutting soda back even more. i used to hate, hate, hate tea, but now i'm actually starting to like and drink it more. still has sugar, but way less.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Future is Now is the Past

What if you pressed fast forward on your dvd, and you saw it squizzle by at high speed for a while, and you pressed play again, and you saw the exact same things happening on screen as were happening before you even pressed fast forward? WELCOME BACK TO THIS BLOG. First off, I don't even remember creating this blogger account, but I came here to make one and saw that it instantly logged into my old one.  Hmmm, that's strange.  What did I post? OH!  JUST THE SAME THING I COULD POST RIGHT NOW, EXCEPT IM LIKE THIRTY POUNDS HEAVIER. Okay, so let's start over. I'm going to start detailing what I eat (accountability), make up characters to match the food I ate, and post as that person (comedy? tragedy?), and photograph the food (art! just kidding. just self torture). Maybe having it seem more fun/silly will keep me interested, and on the off chance any of this works or makes me sick, I will have dutifully logged my food intake, so I can recount it tearfully to docto

Slam Death's Door

Downhill. Everything has gotten worse since last I posted, I'm sorry to report.  I've been really sick, missing a lot of work, which hits hard financially, and also had a sexual assault by a friend who was staying with us temporarily since he moved out here from Texas.  I've been handling that okay, I think, but the stress of it and all the emotions gave me an ulcer and can't be helping the other things.  I'm coming up on the anniversary of the worst times in my life, the hospital last year, my cousin's suicide, etc, on top of the yearly Seasonal Affective Depression.  Holy shit.  I feel maxed out in every way and out of reserves. I can't say I have ever felt this low and run down.  It's like I'm playing a really hard video game and all my health/power bars are down to almost nothing.  Really.  To Nothing.   So I have decided to concentrate as hard as I can and play this game to win, without distraction. I am taking time off work, because

Off the Veggie Cart and Into the Mud (Pie)

Ooooookay. So for two days, I've been immaculate.  Low calories.  Lots of freshly juiced veggies and fruit.  No soda.  A veritable river of fresh water imbibed. And then tonight after picking Son up from his show, we drove through Jack in the Box.  And I ordered ten of everything they ever thought about making, and also two Monster tacos, and what's that? Now you have Reese's peanut butter dream pie?  Sure, no prob, I'll just wash that down with ALL OF THE COKE YOU HAVE IN THAT MACHINE. I shit you not. (fighting... urge... to make... joke about shit... after eating all that... k. I'm good.) So yeah. I'm super disappointed and frustrated.  What the hell is wrong with me? I didn't even feel deprived while I was doing the "right" things, so it isn't that, I don't think.  Stress, maybe, about the flight I have to catch in five hours.  Travel is stressful, and this time in particular is worse, since I'll have to see my mother.